There are many times that I ponder what kind of women do men really want. Of course, I do this for selfish reasons but also I desire to play devil's advocate to our media driven society. Our society clearly states our value... As Mark Twain once said, "A man's character may be learned from the adjectives which he habitually uses in conversation." If this overflows into a societal theory. I believe he is accurate in that, what we consistently talk about, watch, and listen to reflects our character. This is an unfortunate conclusion to men and women of faith. As I ponder what kind of woman I need to be to "get" a good, Christ driven man. I am left thinking I will never be good enough for any man now-a-days because I am not the ideal. I believe I have high standards, high morals and values, and a growing relationship with my Savior, but is this what men really want these days?
My mother and I were having a conversation today that stunned me to my core. I came to the conclusion that I would be a "second" marriage type of woman(although I personally do not approve of divorce). Men these days are seeking the "hot" girl who is actually so insecure that her hair may be out of place, or her small amount of unfortunate fat might make her arms jiggle, or that her teeth are not straight enough, her nose is too big..etc. and then in 5 years they really can't stand the woman who doesn't tell him that his hazard lights are still blinking well down the road because she thinks it's soooo cute that the car blinks. He then turns to a beautiful woman, who may not be obsessed with her appearance but he can actually hold a conversation with and laugh with. After talking about this, I sat there and realized I don't want to be second choice, I don't want to be a "second" marriage type of woman.
Although this is an obvious concern of mine and a handful of my beautiful "inside and out" single friends. I also know that a "real" man is not one that really looks at the outside. A real man sees me as I am, a human. A real man sees me for who I desire to be like. So, in conclusion, I choose not to ask anymore, what men want... I ask what do I want?
"I don't want a woman who just turns my head, but a woman who turns my heart." - A "real" man.
This entry was posted
on July 14, 2008
at 12:22 AM
. You can follow any responses to this entry through the
comments feed
.